Monday, June 21, 2010

Withered

I knew that today would be tough to get through without thinking about how much I miss my Dad on Father's Day. Thankfully, most of my day was occupied with the great time we had at Chuck E Cheese for Xavier's birthday party. Afterward, we went to Mom's for dinner and then to the cemetery. I was saddened by the sight of his grave site, the beautiful $290 bouquet of flowers that laid atop his casket at the funeral were withered and the dirt was sinking in. The other graves that were laid the same week had a mound of dirt, but also had withered flowers and trash on top. I had plans of purchasing a wheelchair ramp for his van for Father's Day and Ashley was going to get him an automatic change counting piggy bank. I have the van now, since Mom doesn't need two vehicles and I think I am going to take it through "robo" car wash soon, because he would have said it needed it. I still have the bag from the hospital in the back of the van...and the clothes he was wearing when passed, and his shoes. It's hard to look at, so I've avoided it. What do I do with them?


No comments:

Post a Comment