
We finally put up the Christmas tree and holiday decor. I thought that I had a lot last year, but having it spread out in a much larger area makes the decorations seems scarce. Our wiener dog, Rusty is very happy now that the room is arranged in a way where he can sit on the back of the couch to look out the window. He hasn't moved in hours!
The best news since the last blog is that I interviewed for a position on an oncology unit yesterday and I was offered, and of course accepted, the job. Orientation process begins on December 14th and I am very excited to finally have my first real job as a registered nurse.
The weather is getting colder very quickly. The low tonight is 22 degrees and snow is in the forecast. We are trying our best to conserve on gas by using our wood burning fire place, and I do not know how we ever lived without it. I love the smell of the cedar logs burning, and I am going to try the scented logs soon. There are mocha, vanilla, peppermint, coffee, and a few others.
At the girls' school, they are having a fundraiser to raise money for needy families in our area. Lacey was given a form to complete that asked her to state a chore she would be willing to do and the amount of money she wants to be "hired" at. The money she makes will go to the needy families. Her form read:
"I, Lacey, would like to fold towels, for $100. This money I earn will be helping children and their families have all they need for the holiday season."
She has such great intentions, but folding towels for $100 is stretching it! We laughed, and agreed on one basket of towels for $5.
Finally I was able to see New Moon. I believe it was better than Twilight, and I am anxiously awaiting the release of Eclipse. I am still not able to say I am "team Edward" or "team Jacob".
Plans for this weekend are to finish the Christmas shopping, and make gingerbread house with the girls. We love this season!
No comments:
Post a Comment