Monday, November 30, 2009

Stoner

I have been listening to John Mayer's new album titled Battle Studies. I usually listen to it while the kids are at school while I do housework, or play around online. Last night before the girls went to bed it was playing and the lyrics to one of his songs, goes like this: "who says I can't get stoned". Even though that song is the single hit for the album and it is all over the radio, it is my least favorite song. Anyhow, Lily asked me what getting stoned means. She is 10 years old, and pretty soon the peer influences about this topic will have an impact on her, so I explained to her that being stoned means that drugs have messed with brain cells and it causes a person to act silly. I must say that I am a little disappointed in John for insisting that he is a stoner!

Today is Monday, and I have a second interview for the surgical unit in a few hours. I am kind of nervous, but I have a really good feeling about this position. After my interview I am going to light a fire in the fireplace with the cedar logs, make chili and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, and relax with the girls. Lily has five assignments due by Wednesday we have to work on and I am certain that Lacey will have a few also. Mondays are rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment