Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful

I am thankful that Thanksgiving is over, and the left overs are gone! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays but we're never able to resist the Black Friday shopping which in turn means no sleep! A Tryptophan overload and not being able to at least squeeze in a nap isn't any fun! This year the shopping wasn't as vigorous, as we only went to a few places in search of Webkinz. Lily and Lacey are really hooked on them and they each have a large collection. Webkinz are virtual pets, and sometimes the games are even tempting for us, too! I was able to find 8 Webkinz at Walgreen's and Toys R Us for less than $40. Normally they are between $9.99 and $17.99 each.
After the early morning shopping on Friday, I had an interview for a surgical unit at Sycamore Hospital. I believe it went really well, and I was called in for a second interview on Monday. I am really looking forward to working, and putting my degree as a registered nurse to use. I am going to work for about a year and then begin working on my next degree degree. Eventually I'd like to become a certified nurse midwife and possibly even a nurse practitioner. There are so many options available to me and with higher education I will able to retire peacefully and always provide for my family in the future. Ryan started his new job last month as a digital technician at a place called Technicolor. He interacts with movie theaters and recording studios, troubleshoots theater problems and other technical stuff. The drive he has to make each day is very long, unfortunately. Nearly an hour each way! He enjoys his job and we're blessed that he is finally employed again.
Saturday we cleaned out our barn, and brought in the Christmas decor. We hung the lights on the house and I plan on getting the tree up within the next few days. The girls are very excited to be able to drink egg nog, listen to Christmas carols and decorate the tree as we do every year. This will be our first Christmas in this house, and I am really excited to see how the tree looks in a room that will accommodate its size! I was really looking forward to a real Christmas tree but I have heard horrible things about the dangers of dogs eating the pine needles, Rusty the Dachshund is always into something!
Tomorrow is back to school for the girls and we always dread those first days back! Getting them up and motivated after having extra days off is really challenging. I must go get lunches packed and clothes laid out so that my day will go a little smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment