Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Home

We had a fabulous time in Tennessee for the 4th of July. I was able to meet some of Ryan’s who are moving back to the Tennessee area. It was really great to put a face to the names I have heard so much about over the past many years. We look forward to visiting again before the year is over, possibly Thanksgiving.

While we in Tennessee, Lacey was baptized. It was a beautiful day and everything went perfectly. We couldn’t have asked for a better day for Lacey. She was very excited initially but was nervous when it came time, but she did all that she needed to do and I am proud of her. She is a special child and I am so blessed to be her mother. I regret not getting better pictures of her in her pretty dress.

We are planning a lot for next week; A trip to the Cincinnati Zoo and Kings Island. I hope that the weather is nice, but my expectations are not too high, it is July.

An important, but dreaded task was accomplished this week. My Mom, sister and I went to finalize the decisions for my Dad’s headstone. It is going to be beautiful, and a little bigger than Mom wanted. I knew my Dad well and he would have wanted the best, biggest, shiniest one they had. It will be ready in about 8 weeks. By that time, maybe grass will be growing on the grave site. Seeing a pile of dirt is so depressing.

Ryan has an interview for new job in a few days. He is ecstatic about it, as the pay is nearly three times what he makes now, and the insurance/benefits are awesome. I am still not working, as I am using my time wisely and spending every waking moment with Lily and Lacey in the sun, by the pool. I will return to work, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment