The fall weather has been lovely! We really enjoy the cool nights and drinking hot chocolate on the front porch. The leaves on the trees have changed and mother natures color scheme is awesome. Fall has slowly became my favorite season as I have gotten older. The changes are more apparent than other seasons and it inspires a change within myself. I have endured many changes this year and have learned a lot about myself. When my Dad passed away, I was lost. I was in a state of shock for weeks, maybe even months. I honestly didn't know how to cope with the loss of a huge part of my life. I found myself in a state of depression and it began to affect my ability to be a wife and mother. Through much prayer, I finally gained courage and strength to detour my emotional state. Today has been 5 months since my Dad left this earth, and each day is a new day with new feelings and experiences.On a happier note, Lily went to 5th Grade Camp at Camp Kern last week. She had a great time! I was so nervous, as she has never stayed away from home before. I was expecting a 2a.m phone call each night! She was able to participate in Archery, Canoeing, Hiking, and Pioneer Days - making homemade ice cream and much more. She made some new friends and gained a feeling of independence. I always fix her hair every morning before school and pick out her clothes. For once, she was able to do those things for herself, and she said she didn't like it! That made me feel great :) She'll always be my "baby".
Lacey is doing GREAT in school this year! With her ADHD diagnosis and being unmedicated I am amazed. She hasn't brought home a grade below an %80! Reading is still her weakest subject but she is very determined to finish a book once she starts. Math is her favorite subject and she has became a pro at counting money, telling time, and figuring out story problems on her own. Spelling seems so much easier for her this year, we study each night with a dry-erase board to make it fun. She has rarely missed a word on a test so far. She is super-excited to be starting the Aquatic's Team in a few weeks! She will be going to the YMCA on Friday's for swimming and aquatic exercises. They are also teaching life skills in her resource class including a weekly cooking class where she gets to make simple meals for lunch. I am so pleased with our school system since our move 2 years ago. I am looking forward to hearing great news at conferences in a few weeks.
Ryan is still working and loving his job. He has interviewed for a few different, more permanent positions with the company and we're both excited to hear good news next week. I am not back to work yet, but collecting unemployment. I am lucky enough to qualify for the the extension which gives me 20 additional weeks. I am really looking forward to a position in home-care so that my schedule will be more flexible and I will not be dependent on anyone to help me with the girls. We learned that Ryan isn't any good at dressing or hair-fixing last year!
I am making a goal to further my education. With the job-search that I've been doing, I have discovered that the higher the degree, the better the position. I am looking into Ohio University's Online Program, RN-BSN. Most of the prerequisites from my current bachelor's degree will transfer and I will have to take about 15 5-week courses to complete the program. I am also looking into becoming certified in Palliative Care, CPHN. That an examination that is offered after gaining two years experience in the field, and the credential shows expertise in the area. Working in home care and with geriatric patients will give me the experience needed to be able to sit for the exam.
We are truly blessed with so much greatness in our lives. Each day offers a new beginning!
No comments:
Post a Comment